Saturday, June 17, 2006

So am I still waiting?

A week of my first fun plans of the summer right down the shitter. So my parent's were going to be gone for a week (up at Bethany for the ELS Synod Convention.) So naturally I called some people up and had planned for a few of them to come over and have a good time.

Earlier this year my dad asked me to be an alternate for the Convention (see where this is going yet?). I accepted knowing that the same two guys have been going for the past 3 or 4 years and they've never had to use an alternate before. Well, now, all of the sudden one of them decides, 'hey. I'm not gonna go.' So now I have to throw out my *&$%in plans and go over to Minnesota to listen to some 'learned' pastors (who have forgotten that it says in the Bible itself to take it for what it says and not twist it to what you want it to say.) try to tear our synod a new one with their crap. Personally, my vote is just to kick them out. We're a small synod, honestly, screw the rules, you don't like what we believe? Leave.

So, to sum it up, I have to go to Minnesota. I don't want to go to Minnesota. I'm not happy. F!$k.

Song: Eminem - When I'm Gone

No comments: