Sunday, June 25, 2006

If You're Scared Don't Show It

One week and many brash, uninformed speeches later...

The convention wasn't bad. I was really surprised at the amount of free time that I didn't have. (For those of you who are too lazy to look at the last post I was at an ELS synod convention.) Well, I had free time but it was spent organizing things to do during my other free time. What made the convention bearable was the down time filled with other people. I had a few people around just about every night. Applebee's has some really good smoothies. I don't remember the name, but I'd recommend the top one on the menu.

So now I'm actually quite dissapointed to be home. Funny how that works huh? I've got nobody to hang out with here. Something that really surprised me though was that the people who lived right there within a few minutes of each other didn't hang out that much? I don't get it. Living away from my friends for a good 4 years now during the summer I get used to it. But if you live that close I can't imagine not hanging out, at the least, weekly!

One step closer to getting my laptop. The loan was approved but they made the disbursement date August 29th for some reason. I'll have to call about that. It would be nice to have the laptop all setup the way I want it and everything before I'm already starting school.

I'm still kind of skeptical about going back though. (I talked about this before here.) I don't know hy, I haven't quite pinpointed it. I'll be sure to let you know though.

Song: Little Big Town - Bring It On Home

No comments: