Monday, July 03, 2006

Mosquitos in Tawas

I just went through my photos today. I wish all the photos I have were digital. It's so much easier to organize them. I guess there's kind of something about regular photos, but it's the same kind of thing with digital photos too. You get the same kind of nostalgia either way. It made me think about the simplicity of things, dare I say, back then.

But here's what it made me think. While sure things are more complicated now than they were, say, when we were 12, alot of that is us too. We like to challenge ourselves with more complicated ideas; we like to take on more complex problems with millions of little intricate details that all need to collectively collaborate to work together, making each and every task vitally important and increasingly hard.

Then we like to complain about it. Bringing our work home with us we proclaim that we have too much to do and that we don’t have any time to get it done.

If you don’t want to work more than your 8 hours a day then don’t, if you have other stuff to do then do it. Nobody’s going to criticize you. Do your things on your time. You’ll thank yourself for it.

Oh, and before you say anything, no I'm not advocating getting drunk. It's just a song. Settle down. You know who you are.

Song: Toby Keith - Get Drunk and Be Somebody

No comments: