Sunday, May 28, 2006

Educated Guesses and Uneducated Opinions

Opinion Columns, Writers getting paid to rant. Here's an opinion. The majority of opinion columns are uselessly taking up space in the newspaper.

What’s the problem? Uneducated authors. These people don’t do their research before writing about whatever seems to be on their mind at the moment. I guess this could define the majority of bloggers out there also. The thing is, bloggers don’t get paid to write what they write.

You want opinions? I’ll give you opinions, so will 5 million other bloggers out there. The funny thing is I bet you could find bloggers who, without getting paid, would gladly write opinion articles for a weekly newspaper. Even better, they’d even do a little bit of research beforehand.

Now before I go any further I’d like to bring into the picture one fact that I’ve so far left out. In this article that I read the author even mentioned that she did not no much about the topic and that the little research she did she did not understand.

So in her defense, Halfway through her article, she at least warns you that it is utterly useless. So, my guess, I won’t be reading her articles anymore. Unless it’s out of sheer curiosity to find out what kind of stupid crap she churns out week after week. That’s my educated guess at least. Anybody have some uneducated opinions they want to throw at me on this?

Song: Josh Gracin - Favorite State of Mind

No comments: