Friday, April 14, 2006

I Can Feel It


“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams and endeavors to live the life he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” - Henry David Thoreau

I sat out in the sun today for a couple of hours reading. Reading...me...what is going on? It was really nice though. Incredibly relaxing, it was 70 degrees out and amazing. I hope tommorrow is just as nice.

That quote is a quote that is in the book I was reading. I should read more. It really gets you thinking, about good stuff instead of stupid pointless stuff that when all taken into account, doesn't really matter.

It's funny how much time we waste thinking about and doing stuff that really doesn't matter. If I myself, and we, as a general population of human beings, were more productive with our time, I can't even imagine the results.

Of course if there is anyone reading this that knows me they are probably thinking 'who is he to talk?!' because I, admittedly, waste as much time as anybody.

More and more as I think about what I want to do my life I find myself being led in different directions. But I don't think that that is necessarily a bad thing either. The more I think about wanting to do something with computers the more I think that the 'something' I want to do may involve business to the point of being pointedly focused more on business than computers themselves.

Song: Weezer - Island in the Sun

No comments: